Getting Started

Due to the high volume of questions being asked, we have temporarily suspended new questions from being posted. Please browse the existing questions as you will most likely find your answer. Once we have answered the current topics we will allow new questions again.

How to Counteract Effects of Morning-After Pill?

Hi Lorna, I have been trying to find information about how to counteract the high dose of synthetic progesterone that is in the morning after pill with natural remedies but have been having a really hard time finding this information. Unfortunately, I have needed to use it once before and experienced very unpleasant side effects - mood swings, increased irritability, poor memory, weight gain, fluid retention, breast enlargement, and insomnia and fatigue that lasted for months. It seemed to take a really long time to get out of my system and it was a very uncomfortable and unpleasant process. I tried using herbal remedies, but had thought at the time that the side effects were a result of excess estrogen, not progesterone, so perhaps I was using the wrong products. What herbal remedies would you recommend to counter-act these side effects and should I be looking for remedies that lower progesterone ? Also, I am considering having a copper IUD put in and wanted to know what your thoughts are - I don't want to take any hormonal contraceptives for obvious reasons and at the same time, need a reliable form of birth control so that this doesn't happen again. Condoms don't seem to be as reliable.

Save Changes
Posted 1/6/2013 2:56:00 PM

Creating links

There are two ways of creating links:
  • [Example]( produces a link like this: Example
  • The fully qualified address, like, will automatically be converted to a link.

Formatting Text

• You can make your text italic by surrounding it with * characters, *like this.*
  • Bold formatting is produced by surrounding your text with two stars, **like so**.
  • You can even ***use both at the same time***.

• You can make a bulleted list using stars, like this:

* First Item
    * Second Item
    * Third Item

• If you want a numbered list, just write it out like this:
    1. First Item
    2. Second Item
    3. Third Item

You can produce headers for your posts using the '#' symbol.
  • '#Main Heading Example' produces a top level heading.
  • '##Sub Heading Example' produces a sub level heading.
  • '###Small Heading Example' produces a small heading.