Getting Started

Due to the high volume of questions being asked, we have temporarily suspended new questions from being posted. Please browse the existing questions as you will most likely find your answer. Once we have answered the current topics we will allow new questions again.

Mixed up body- birth control, acne, migraines, painful menstruation, miscarriage

Hi Lorna, I was referred to you from a local healthfood store. Im hoping you have some advice. I was put back on the pill, Yasmin, because my hormone levels were nearly non-existent after a miscarriage in August 2011. After the miscarriage i experienced flu-like symptoms before every period, extreme pain that would keel me over, and heavy flow, but they were extremely irregular (often 1 every 2-3 months). After a recent dr. appt he put me back on the pill to "get my hormones back in control"....i have a poor history with birth control because of my migraines, which seem to be hormone related so i dont tolerate it well. THe first month on the pill was great, i felt better than i had, now the second month has been horrid....this is day 6 of a i had to stop taking my pills. I need to get my body healthy because we'd like to try to conceive again this fall but i dont know where to start. I have been struggling with candida and cystic acne which seems to be related to the whole mess as well. I hope you have some insight for me! Thanks Lorna!

Save Changes
Posted 6/24/2012 5:38:18 PM
Forum Moderator

Hi there,

Sorry, it seems your post was missed when it was posted a few months ago.

Have you been tested for PCOS? PCOS makes it very hard to conceive and stay pregnant. Symptoms include irregular periods, very painful periods, acne, weight gain and male facial hair growth. You do not need to have ALL these symptoms to have PCOS either.

You should start with Estrosmart 4 per day and you can up it to 6 around the week of your period when you notice symptoms worsening. Estrosmart helps with effortless periods and helps to rid your body of excess and harmful estrogens.

Lorna never recommends the birth control pill as it will not fix any of your issues, it is just going to cover them up until you come off of it.

If it turns out you do have PCOS you will want to take Glucosmart as well.

Magsmart can be helpful for headaches as well as menstrual cramps.

For the candida you will need a good probiotic. Probiotic Plus is meant to help with UTI's as well as to control candida.

Estrosmart and Glucosmart will probably be the most important for you to take, if you do not want to take everything at once.

Hope this helps!

Save Changes
Posted 11/28/2012 2:47:20 PM. Last edited 11/28/2012 2:51:55 PM

Creating links

There are two ways of creating links:
  • [Example]( produces a link like this: Example
  • The fully qualified address, like, will automatically be converted to a link.

Formatting Text

• You can make your text italic by surrounding it with * characters, *like this.*
  • Bold formatting is produced by surrounding your text with two stars, **like so**.
  • You can even ***use both at the same time***.

• You can make a bulleted list using stars, like this:

* First Item
    * Second Item
    * Third Item

• If you want a numbered list, just write it out like this:
    1. First Item
    2. Second Item
    3. Third Item

You can produce headers for your posts using the '#' symbol.
  • '#Main Heading Example' produces a top level heading.
  • '##Sub Heading Example' produces a sub level heading.
  • '###Small Heading Example' produces a small heading.