Getting Started

Due to the high volume of questions being asked, we have temporarily suspended new questions from being posted. Please browse the existing questions as you will most likely find your answer. Once we have answered the current topics we will allow new questions again.

sauble
ESTRIOL CREAM

Hello Lorna, I am using Love Personal Lubricant presently for vaginal dryness and genital atrophy. (I am 56 yrs. old, post menopause for nine years now.) Love Personal Lubricant is really helping, however, living with a rectocele, cystocele and prolapsed uterus, is making me quite miserable...(Im at the moderate level.) I have serious concerns about side effects of Estriol cream. I know it's a 'safe' estrogen, however, in researching it, I have become very reluctant to try it. I have many allergies, and have experienced anaphylactic reactions. Dr. has told me that the delivery of the cream is not systemic, but I can't come to the same conclusion, from what I have read, and my past reactions to seemingly, safe applications of whatever it was at the time. I read in someone else's question here, that the base of bioidentical estriol cream may have caused the individual some sensitivity issues. I would appreciate your suggestion for me regarding estriol or some other alternative. I really respect your knowledge and advice as a woman's health practitioner!!!!!

Save Changes
Posted 3/7/2012 12:43:05 PM. Last edited 3/7/2012 8:22:17 PM
MaryCat

I just wanted to reply to let you know that, in my case, Estriol does go systemic. I have read alot of info that says vaginal estrogens do go systemic and I have found that to be the case with me. In europe they use Ovesten cream which is totally estriol and the side effects listed are basically the same ones you get taking estrogens orally. It was my post that you read in which Lorna said I could have sensitivity issues with the base but I am not reacting to the base. I am reacting to the estriol itself.

Save Changes
Posted 3/15/2012 12:33:30 PM

Creating links

There are two ways of creating links:
  • [Example](http://www.example.com) produces a link like this: Example
  • The fully qualified address, like http://www.example.com, will automatically be converted to a link.

Formatting Text

• You can make your text italic by surrounding it with * characters, *like this.*
  • Bold formatting is produced by surrounding your text with two stars, **like so**.
  • You can even ***use both at the same time***.

Lists

• You can make a bulleted list using stars, like this:

* First Item
    * Second Item
    * Third Item

• If you want a numbered list, just write it out like this:
    1. First Item
    2. Second Item
    3. Third Item

Headings

You can produce headers for your posts using the '#' symbol.
  • '#Main Heading Example' produces a top level heading.
  • '##Sub Heading Example' produces a sub level heading.
  • '###Small Heading Example' produces a small heading.